Having issues loading the site? Try clearing the cookies and cache by following these instructions.
What are cookies or a cache?
Neither the cookies or cache collect data about you.
Why do I need to clear cookies/cache?
Your computer will use these pieces of information to load the website faster when you come back for another visit. They can cause problems when a new site goes live because the computer thinks it has loaded the correct information from the cache even without actually checking if anything changed.
Below are instructions on how to clear your cookies/cache for various browsers. Scroll to find your browser and follow the instructions.
Google Chrome Instructions
- Open your Chrome browser
- Look in the upper right corner to find a set of 3 dots
- Click on the 3 dots and choose "Settings"
- From the menu on the left, choose "Security and Privacy"
- Click on "Clear browsing data" and click on "Clear browsing data"
- There are several choices to make here. Leave all of them checked if you want all saved data erased. But if you don’t want your browser to lose passwords and other important form information, click on the Advanced tab and uncheck the following: (Don't click on Clear Data until you have unchecked all the boxes you want to keep)
- Passwords and other sign-in data
- Autofill form data
- Site Settings
- Hosted App data
|First screen showing basic settings:
||Advanced tab is chosen:
||Scroll down to uncheck the boxes listed:
- Click on "Clear data"
- The browser will return to the settings page
- You are now done, and can now close the window
- Click on the Safari drop-down menu at the top of your screen next to the Apple icon and select "Preferences".
- Click the "Advanced" tab.
- Select the Show Develop menu in menu bar checkbox near the bottom of the window and close the Preferences window.
- Select the "Develop" drop-down menu, again at the very top of the screen.
- Click "Empty Cache".
Note: You may want to also clear your browser history.
To clear browser history in Safari:In the Safari app on your Mac, choose History > Clear History, then click the pop-up menu.
- Choose how far back you want your browsing history cleared.
Microsoft Edge Instructions
Clear Cache, Cookies and History in Edge
- Click the "Settings and more" button; at the top right hand corner of your Edge browser's window, you will see a small button with 3 dots in it.
- Select the "Settings" menu item near the bottom of the list.
- Go to the "Clear browsing data" section. I find it quickly by using the search box as shown:
- Choose what to clear from Edge.
|These settings should be cleared, leave them checked.
||Scroll down to see more of the list. Uncheck anything you do not want cleared.
||Scroll down again to see the rest of the list. Once you've unchecked these, click on Clear Now.