GetSetUp is a global community of millions of active learners. Our mission is to help the third of the world’s population who are over 55 learn new skills, connect with others, and unlock new life experiences. We provide a safe, inclusive, respectful community to facilitate learning and socialization. We empower older adults to live their best lives.
To ensure our community remains a safe, welcoming, and empowering place, we expect all members to abide by the rules posted here. Our Community Code and Guidelines are regularly updated to support our growing, evolving community. If you have feedback or questions on these guidelines, please email us at email@example.com.
- Empowering: We know you have so much to give and learn! We equip you to continue growing and we celebrate your accomplishments.
- Curious: GetSetUp learners are hungry for knowledge. We feed that hunger.
- Hospitable: We are a virtual community where you learn with peers in a non-judgmental, supportive environment.
- Soulful: We are a place for opening doors, deep thinking, and meaningful friendships.
To contribute to a positive environment for everyone at GetSetUp, all members of the community must live up to the GetSetUp Code:
As a member of the GetSetUp community, I agree to treat every individual on the platform with respect, kindness, and encouragement.
1. We always:
a. Show empathy, kindness, and respect to other members
b. Are respectful of differing opinions and viewpoints
c. Use welcoming and inclusive language
2. We don’t allow:
a. Bullying or harassment. No profanity, hate-speak, insults or abusive, violent, or discriminatory behavior.
b. Disruptive behavior. If it prevents another member from learning, it won’t be allowed.
c. Selling or promoting products or services. Sharing a tip or resource is great, but we don’t allow anyone to sell their services, push their product on others, or conduct unapproved, direct fundraising (even for very good causes).
3. We stand for learning, not the spreading of misinformation. Sharing your opinion and perspective is encouraged. Pushing your views as unsubstantiated facts is not allowed.
4. We don’t share confidential information. To ensure the safety of our community, do not share financial information, social security numbers, sensitive personal information, or any other information you would not share publicly.
How to Report Inappropriate Behavior
If you feel uncomfortable or are experiencing objectionable behaviors while on GetSetUp, let us know as soon as possible by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your report will be reviewed immediately, and the GetSetUp team will respond as promptly as possible.
Actions We Will Take
Nothing is more important to us than the safety and well-being of our community. Any violation against our Community Code and the Guidelines shared here will be investigated and result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate. Minor first offenses will receive a warning. Those with severe or repeated offenses will be banned from the community.
If you need any further assistance, please contact GetSetUp Support. We are Here for You!